staff - Assistant Registered Nurse (RN) - OR - Operating Room - $32-52 per hour
Company: Advocate Aurora Health
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Advocate Aurora Health is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) OR -
Operating Room Assistant for a nursing job in Grafton,
Wisconsin.Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: OR - Operating Room
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- 40 hours per week
- Shift: days
- Employment Type: Staff
- Assists RN with daily care of patients including bathing, oral
hygiene, feeding, activity orders and ambulation which may include
use of therapeutic assistive devices, proper positioning, range of
motion and special transferring as indicated.
- Measures and documents blood pressures, TPRs (Temperature,
Pulse, Respiration), I & O (Intake and Output), daily weights, and
other patient data as requested. Documents accurately in Electronic
Medical Record (EMR).
- Performs purposeful rounding under direction of RN and promptly
communicates observations, concerns, and needs of patient/family to
RN. Documents appropriately.
- Participates in admission, transfer and discharge process under
supervision of RN including room set up, orientation to room,
removing linen, and proper management of patient belongings.
Ensures patient call light is always in reach of patient and
answers call-lights promptly.
- Collects urine, stool, and sputum specimens and performs
point-of-care testing as indicated using approved process for
accurate specimen labeling and identification. Maintains competency
- Completes various errands as directed including pick-up and
delivery of trays, charts, specimens, and reports. Maintains and
orders stock for nursing area. Cleans equipment and work
- Performs various patient positioning and transporting duties
which require lifting and pushing/pulling while utilizing proper
technique and assistive devices. Performs tasks related to
nutritional needs of patient under direction of RN to include diet
review, tray set up/removal, proper positioning and diet
- Performs tasks related to maintaining skin integrity to include
proper repositioning and skin care. Ensures special patient
supplies and appliances are provided and maintained such as TED
hose and sequential compression devices.
- Under the direction of RN and as determined by site/unit
requirements, may be required to remove IVs, provide post mortem
care, and bladder scans.
- Practices within policies and procedures of infection
prevention by demonstrating hand hygiene and knowledge of sterile
and aseptic procedures, proper disposal of contaminated materials
and utilizing proper attire when in direct contact with patients in
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to
provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served. Must
demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development
over the life span and possess the ability to assess data
reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate
information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative
to his/her age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as
described in the department's policies and procedures. Age-specific
information is developed further in the departmental job
standards.Licensure, Registration, and/or Certification Required:
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare
Providers--certification issued by the American Heart Association
(AHA) needs to be obtained within 45 days, and
- Nurse Aide in good standing as indicated with the State
Registry in which the team member practices.Education Required:
- Certificate of General Educational Development (GED) or High
School Equivalency Diploma (HSED), or
- High School Graduate.Experience Required:
- None.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Basic computer skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to set
- Certification Addendum
- Team members will maintain annual educational requirements for
hospital based certifications (e.g. DNV, CARF or others).Physical
Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, lift, squat, bend, twist, and
reach above shoulders during the work shift.
- Must be able to:
- lift up to 50 lbs. from floor to waist.
- lift up to 20 lbs. over the head.
- carry up to 40 lbs. a reasonable distance.
- Must be able to:
- push/pull with 30 lbs. of force.
- perform a sliding transfer of 150 lbs. with a second person
- Will be required to use foot pedals on carts or machines.
- Must have functional vision and hearing.
- Will be exposed to mechanical, electrical, chemical, and
radiation hazards as well as blood and body fluids on a continuous
basis; therefore, protective clothing must be worn as
- Operates all equipment necessary to perform the job.This job
description indicates the general nature and level of work expected
of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform
other related duties.Advocate Aurora Health Job ID #R82255. Posted
job title: Operating Room AssistantAbout Advocate Aurora
HealthAdvocate Aurora Health's 22,000 nurses demonstrate our values
of excellence, compassion and respect, collaborating to advance our
stated purpose of helping people live well. To encourage you to be
the best nurse you can, Advocate Aurora will provide support, tools
and resources for orientation, education and professional
development, in the care setting that is best for you. Your voice
as a team member will be heard clearly whether you're at one of our
10 Magnet-- designated hospitals or more than 500 sites of
care.--Join our team and be inspired to chart a course for Advocate
Aurora to become the best place in the nation for nurses to pursue
- Holiday Pay
- Guaranteed Hours
- Continuing Education
- 401k retirement plan
- Pet insurance
- Wellness and fitness programs
- Mileage reimbursement
- Employee assistance programs
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Life insurance
- Discount program
Keywords: Advocate Aurora Health, Wauwatosa , staff - Assistant Registered Nurse (RN) - OR - Operating Room - $32-52 per hour, Healthcare , Grafton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!