Advanced Technology Programmer
Posted on: September 16, 2023
SUMMARY: The Advanced Technology Programmer works closely with
Production, Engineering, and Product and is responsible for part
programming, part studies, and product demonstrations. Besides the
'typical' role of application engineer this role will also support
the Operations team and ensure our equipment to be running properly
within the innovative and fully connected Smart Factory. ESSENTIAL
- Perform parts analysis for producibility / time studies and
produce sample parts at the Smart Factory for custom orders,
prototypes, and regular production. This includes programming,
gripper analysis and building as well as running in the parts to
demonstrate the machine capabilities.
- Expand knowledge beyond machining technology and their
interaction with digitally connected production processes.
- Consult and demonstrate latest machine technology related
solutions for Industry 4.0.
- Utilization of all hardware / software / services that pertain
to the technology to become a resident expert / go to person for
- Provide expert first-hand support during the initial production
ramp up phase on site.
- Create part time estimates and produce sample parts in the
- Consult and demonstrate latest machine technology
- Support creation and improvement of documentation and
- Support operations for real part production utilizing the DMG
fabrication software suite.
- Work closely with management to resolve any product quality
issues occurring during production.
- Review weekly work schedule to ensure on time delivery and
identify any potential production delays.
- Maintain reliable and safe work practices while improving
production rates, efficiencies, yields, and costs.REQUIRED
- Previous experience in applications on DMG software and
equipment or similar machine tool industry required.
- Significant experience with Solidworks, machine tool product
knowledge, and CAD programming and automation is a must.
- DMG machine tool product knowledge.
- CNC horizonal milling and turning center experience is strongly
- Experience with work holding, tooling selection and tombstone
- Knowledge of manufacturing technologies and production software
- Ability to read and interpret blueprint.
- Knowledgeable in fabrication.
- Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal are
required as this position involves extensive contact with
production, engineering, product, and customers and sales
representatives.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associates Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or
technical school; or two to four years related experience and/or
training; or equivalent combination of education and
- Solid math background.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK
- This position works in a manufacturing environment where the
noise level is high.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
Keywords: Rytec, Wauwatosa , Advanced Technology Programmer, IT / Software / Systems , Hartford, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!