Press Assistant II
Posted on: September 17, 2023
As a global marketing experience company, Quad's goal is to help
our clients win every day. We use our data-driven integrated
marketing and manufacturing platform to streamline solutions for
our clients, reduce friction and enhance their marketing spend
effectiveness. We've built a rich legacy by believing in our
people, allowing them to act like owners and to take charge of
their own success. Whether an operator, sales rep, a graphic artist
or a clinician, we're all driven to perform at our best- for
ourselves and our clients. At our core, we're a company that
believes we can always create a better way.
Descriptions & Qualifications - External
We are currently seeking full time General Manufacturing Employees
to grow with us! A general manufacturing position includes the
opportunity to learn the printing process from the ground up and
advance in a progressive environment. In this position you will
assist in the creation of various well know
magazines/catalogs/newspaper inserts and other related products in
either our Press or Finishing areas. Finishing includes both
Bindery and Material Handler (Forklift Driver) positions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Remove product from the end of the printing press or finishing
- Work with loose and/or completed product by stacking onto
pallets, transferring to tables & placing into a collator hopper or
into mail bags.
- Move product/skids with a hand jack, motorized Raymond (Big
Joe) lift or Forklift (training provided).
- Servicing of press and finishing machines to move product
throughout the plant
- Maintain accurate inventory of product with the use of an on
board PC and RF bar coding system
- Loading and unloading of finished product and materials from
semi-trailers and auto-wrapper using a forklift.
- Comply with all quality, safety and work rules and
- Effectively communicate with team members.
- Assist other crew members with various duties including webbing
up of the press and/or special handwork in order to meet customer
- Follow all clean-up and housekeeping procedures.
The successful candidate will have or be able to do the
- Must be at least 18-years of age or older
- Factory, Manufacturing or other work experience where
mechanical or handwork was necessary is preferred, such as laborer,
machinist, assembly, bindery, mechanic, warehouse, etc.
- Printing, Finishing (Bindery) or Warehouse experience is
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to write and read measurements.
- Ability to read, understand and follow both written and verbal
- The ability to use a computer
- The ability to use repetitive hand/wrist movement
- Ability to lift stacks of end boards or banding strap rolls
(-30 -60lbs) as needed
- Ability to adjust stacker using a touch screen
- Ability to use a vibrating jogging table
- The ability to take stacks of loose signatures or bundles
ranging (5-30 lbs.) off a pallet or conveyor up to 48" in height
and transfer to table top work surface 42", and then place into a
collator hopper or mail bags that potentially weigh from 5-75
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize job need.
- Ability to be a team player in a fast paced, detail orientated
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently
Additional Shift Information
- 12 hour rotating shifts -(either 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. or 7 p.m. - 7
a.m.) including days, nights, weekends, and holidays. working 3 - 4
days a week
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including
401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values
diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging - a
space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to
exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any
unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin,
disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age,
marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other
basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad
also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any
of these protected categories.
Keywords: Quad, Wauwatosa , Press Assistant II, Other , Cedarburg, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!