Company: Yamato Corporation
Posted on: September 16, 2023
Yamato is a global manufacturer of weighing equipment used in
the food packaging industry. Yamato has been a successful world
leader in weighing for over 100 years. Yamato Corporation,
headquartered in Grafton, Wisconsin, supports the sales and service
needs of Yamato scales in North, Central, and South America. Yamato
Corporation is a subsidiary of Yamato Scale Co., Ltd., located in
Learn more at
- Eligibility on first day of employment for company-paid
benefits such as health, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and
long-term disability subject to plan terms. Yamato currently pays
for 100% of the health, dental and vision premiums
- Eligibility for 401(k) plan on 1st day of month following 30
days of service with a company match of 4% on employee deferral of
5% or more. Additionally, you are fully vested in the employer
match on Day1 if enrolled in the plan!
- 18 paid time off (PTO) days accrued by calendar year.
- Ten (10) Company-paid holidays per calendar year BENCH
TECHNICIAN/ASSEMBLER JOB FUNCTION: Assemble and test new scales,
repair scales that are sent from customers.
1. Assembles and tests scales to be shipped to customers
2. Loads and unloads pallets
3. Ships orders to customers
4. Performs data entry into ERP system
5. Uses hand and power tools to work on and repair scales
6. Assists sales and engineering personnel during customer
7. Answers phone calls to help troubleshoot customer problems. Fill
out Return Authorization form and complete for repair or warranty.
Keep the database of repairs
8. Repairs damaged scales sent back from customers
1. High school diploma required
2. Ability to read and understand technical manuals
3. Ability to follow technical instructions and guide customers
through steps over the phone
4. Ability to lift at least 50 lbs. on a regular basis
5. Ability to meet deadlines and complete tasks in a timely
6. Flexible with a willingness to assist where needed
7. Willingness to learn from constructive feedback
8. Ability to work independently or in a group
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing duties of this job, employee is
regularly required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb
or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Technician must
also be able lift 50 lb. Must be able to use standard hand tools.
Climb ladders, height tolerance (not afraid of heights). Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
DISCLAIMER: The above is only a summary of the typical functions of
this job. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of this job may
differ from those outlined in the description and that other
duties, as assigned, might be part of this position.
Keywords: Yamato Corporation, Wauwatosa , Bench Technician/Assembler, Professions , Grafton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!