Electrical Test Technician (2nd Shift)
Company: S&C Electric Company Careers
Posted on: November 15, 2023
Job Summary -
In this job you will perform a variety of assembly and test
positions for IntelliRupter and Power Quality products. You will
work in a production environment, engage in continuous productive
activity, and must meet requirements within time constraints.
Considerable initiative required to run and process all
IntilliRupter units through test and assembly cells, a fast paced
multi station process.
Tasks require a high degree of eye-hand coordination, manual
dexterity, and the use of both hands and arms on a repetitive basis
for a full range of motion. You will frequently use hand and power
tools; occasionally work while standing on ladders; and
occasionally work inside tight compartments.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited
to, the following:
- Assemble and test IntelliRupter products based on the
documentation including bills of material, blueprints and any
change notices provided by the engineering staff.
- Complete testing at timing stations and run switch through 10
- Complete mechanical work including disconnect assemblies.
To select this job as one of interest to you, at a minimum, you
must have the following:
- High voltage electrical experience to run required test cells.
420 voltz / 3phase
- Demonstrate the ability to work from complex blueprints, wiring
drawings, schematic diagrams, and specifications.
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience to troubleshoot mechanical
or electrical issues. -
- Demonstrate experience using and operating machining tools,
hand-held tools, wiring equipment, wrenches, torque tools, and
other tools. -
- Must follow all S&C safety standards. -
Relevant Work Experience:
Two years of experience in electronic assembly and wiring.
Mechanical assembly and/or electrical wiring. Candidates with
electrical or mechanical trade school education may also be
considered. 2 year technical degree preferred. -
MAJOR PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Standing: Most tasks are performed in a standing position with
- Lifting: Frequent lifting of items ranging in weight from 5
lbs. to 40 lbs.
- Walking: Frequent walking of short distances to obtain parts
- Carrying: Occasional carrying of items ranging in weight from 5
lbs. to 25 lbs.
- Pushing: Occasional pushing of handcart to/from assembly area
containing up to 50 lbs.
- Pulling: Occasional pulling of handcart to/from assembly area
containing up to 50 lbs.
- Bending: Frequent bending and crouching required to complete
the assembly/wiring tasks.
- Reaching: Continuous full range of motion from above the
shoulders to below the knees.
- Handling: Continuous handling of parts (all sizes) along with a
variety of hand tools.
Keywords: S&C Electric Company Careers, Wauwatosa , Electrical Test Technician (2nd Shift), Professions , Mequon, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!